Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mountain Hut

This weekend I was able to go to my friend Marco's mountian hut up in the alps. It was great! I think it would be so easy to just disappear, and live the rest of your life in a hut in the swiss alps. If nobody hears from me ever again, don't worry I'll be just fine. I took so many pictures, and since I've been slacking on my posts, I'll save some for the next post. These pictures are just the journey to the hut.

So to start, we took the gondola to the top of First station and then hiked up a trail, to then sled down to the hut.


Marco had a velo gimel, another traditional swiss sled thingy


Don't worry, I got a turn on it, loooved it!


After a long and fun descent, we finally made it to the hut.


I loved that the rain gutters are made of wood.


The view was alright too.

I'll post more photos tomorrow. Good night.

4 comments:

Dianna Bell said...

That looks incredible!

M. Moore said...

Holy cow...your friend Marco is wearing short sleeves on a winters day in the Swiss Alps. 20' must be a balmy day! Looks very beautiful.

Lindsay said...

yeah D, it was incredible. ha, MD, we just finished hiking up a mountain, I shoulda been in a t shirt, I was sweatin.

Dianna Bell said...

p.s. who's maaaarco? <3 <3 (feel free to delete this comment only once you've sent me an email...)