Monday, February 28, 2011

a little shopping in Basel

or I should say, a little shopping near Basel. I met a friend in Basel and we took a bus to the end of the city, got off and walked into Germany. Things are a bit expensive in Switzerland, so we went to an outlet in Germany. It was great, the carhartt outlet was my favorite, I have wanted european carhartt clothing for the last 5 years, finally got some. Then we went back to Basel and cruised around the town for a while. It's beautiful, i love the cities here!

This part of town was great, reminded me of a cartoon, they have markets on this square everyday.


The hustle and bustle of Basel


My friend and guide Pina, she was sick today


just a closeup of a fountain in the middle of the street,
(the other pictures of the fountain didn't turn out so well)

2 comments:

M. Moore said...

Basel is Roger Federer's home town. Any sitings?

Lindsay said...

I totally forgot! I should've been shopping for Roger Federer paraphanalia for your birthday!