Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Leukerbad

When I got up this morning I walked upstairs to a nice surprise. Kenzie told me we were going to a place called Leukerbad to swim in the hot springs! The drive to this place was an amazing journey itself. We would drive for about an hour, then drive onto a train, the train would then take us through a tunnel in a mountain, about 10-15 minute train ride, then drive another hour through the beautiful alps up and down winding roads and vineyards. Then we got to this amazing village surrounded by mountains with this great waterpark in the middle of it. So much fun.

where we drove onto the train, for the ride through the mountain


some vineyards on the drive


A view of the valley below


I loooved this town, just a driveby, couldn't capture it as beautiful as it was


Leukerbad!


We've arrived!


Ahhhhh, so nice

I unfortunately didn't get pictures of everyone. It's hard toting around a big camera, next purchase will be a small waterproof one.

4 comments:

Mary K. Hall said...

Looks wonderful Lindsay. A place I've yet to go with the kids and lookingforward to. Thanks so much for sharing! Mary K.

Lindah said...

Each Adventure gets even more fun!!I would love to hang out in a hot springs just about now. Watch out Switzerland here I come!

M. Moore said...

Must be hard living in a post card. Sigh.

Patricia Costello said...

My life sucks compared to this blog, haha.