Monday, December 27, 2010

Work!

Today was my first day of work.  I had to catch the gondola at 7:30 in the morning.  Kenzie's mother in law works at the same place I do, so she gave me a ride.  We hopped on the gondola and started our 30 minute journey up the hill.  As soon as we were all situated Franny's friend pulled out a pitcher of hot peppermint tea and we enjoyed tea all the way up to work.  When I got there nobody spoke much english so they took me to a table with a knife on it and about 5,000 potatoes. Yep, I peeled potatoes, haha, don't worry only for about an hour and there were lots of other women peeling, not just me.  After that we peeled carrots and apples.  Then we all sat down in the restaurant for lunch, it was great, mashed potatoes, salad, bread and this really good chicken in gravy, quite delicious.  When lunch was over we started the real work.  I've never seen so many people at a ski resort, let alone the lodge/restaurant.  I mostly just kept things in stock, salads, drinks, knives, forks, napkins, etc. It was crazy busy, but things eventually slowed down, around 4:15 right before the mountain closed.  I finished around 5:00 then had to ski down in the near dark, luckily I had Franny to follow all the way down.  It was icy and long, I swear I must've dropped 4,000 feet in elevation, ok maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I'm not, either way it was long.  So there you have it, more words than pictures.  I work again tomorrow and then I have the rest of the week off.


Morning tea in the gondola


The sunrise as I got off the gondola

2 comments:

Shanshine said...

Was the peppermint tea similar to the tea they served Tracy in switzerland? You know what i mean? Potatoes... good times.

Lindsay said...

haha, maybe it was....I can't really understand them yet, but I sure liked the tea.