Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm baaack!

Well, if you are reading this you probably already know that I came back to good ol Switzerland. Not a hard decision really, the opportunity was presented and I jumped at the chance to come back. (Thanks Kenzie!)

Today I mostly want to tell you about my amazing flying experience. I've flown a lot but was fortunate enough to have a very different experience this time around. My flight was from Salt Lake to San Francisco, then San Francisco to Zurich. I was so excited that I only had one layover and to be flying Swiss Air was great. Anyway when started our descent things got a little bumpy, alright not a little, a lot! The turbulance got crazy and people started to get sick, I started hearing crinkling noises from those little white bags, then the vomiting noises, one serious panic attack, then more vomiting. The captain informed us that, due to the wind, we would need to make a loop around and try to land again. With the lovely smell and noises that filled the cabin we began our second descent. Just as bad, more puking, then the girl next to me pulled out that little bag, and I thought we were in trouble. Fortunately we made a bumpy landing, which was followed by a round of applause and about five people rushing back to the bathrooms to clean themselves up, or finish their business. I made it through unscathed, fortunately, but it was a close call. That night I think we were on the news, and I found this in the paper this morning.


That could possibly be my plane upon landing, the winds were out of control, the plane is a little lopsided, but apparently the footage on the news was pretty awesome.

Yes everyone, I'm happy to be back. I'll keep you posted on my adventures.

2 comments:

Dianna Bell said...

I was hoping you’d start your blog again! I think you’ve hit upon an important new travel rule: you’re only allowed to recount a flight/airport experience if the story was put in the news.

Lindsay said...

Phew! I'm safe then, I'll only post flight drama in the news. The only other thing I could blog about at this point in time is the amount of snow. Sounded boring though.