Friday, January 14, 2011

World Cup! Part 1

The men's combo was today, I was lucky enough to join the Nyman's and the Fisher's to this event.  My first World Cup experience was amazing, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, the men's downhill!  We did get to see Steven ski by, he wasn't competing in the combo, but got a run in the downhill portion of it.   We'll see more of him tomorrow, Believe in Steven!


Fisher's and Nyman's on the train in the morning on our way up the mountain.


Scott and I hiked up the hill for this view, it was a really cool perspective.


I liked trying to take pictures of the racers


Walking down the hill the perspective changed.


Becky and I watching the slalom in the finish area


The last few turns of the slalom course.

What an incredible experience to watch world class athletes flying down the hill with such grace and strength. I can't wait for tomorrow.  Part 2 coming soon!

3 comments:

Shanshine said...

how cool that you're with friends...? sweeeeeeeet melinda. good work. see you soon.

Kristina said...

you look like a babe in that second to last shot. good work, see you soon.

M. Moore said...

Crazy! Half way around the world and you meet up with the Nyman's. You are a hottie, Linz.